25 Things I Wish I Knew, Did and Didn’t Do Before Turning 25
In honor of turning 25, i’ve listed 25 things I wish I knew, did and didn’t do before turning 25.
On October 19, 1992, my mom gave birth to her 4th child, her favorite child. I was an accident, & she still continues to tell people how much she cried when she found out she was pregnant with me. From that day on, without a doubt, I am her favorite.
Today, I turn TWENTY FIVE! A quarter of a century, Mid 20’s.
Things I Wish I Knew:
1. Comparison is the thief of joy. No one in the entire world can do a better job at being you, than you.
2. Follow your gut. You’re probably right.
3. Don’t be afraid to be YOU. You have no rhythm, Dance anyways.
4. You are stronger than you think. Remember, life goes on.
5. Change is the only constant. Change is good.
6. You’ll grow up disappointed thinking everyone has the same heart as you. Not everyone will treat you the way you would treat them.
7. Expectation is the root of all heartaches. Expectation only leads to disappointment.
8. You will not have it all together by 25. There’s still so much growth to be made.
8. Mistakes happen. Learn from them, but don’t let them define you.
9. No one has it all figured out. It’s okay to ask for help.
10. No one is everyone’s cup of tea. You will not be liked by everyone, & that’s okay.
11. Be smart with your money. Credit cards aren’t your friend. You’ll want to buy a home one day.
12. No amount of worrying can change the future. If it’s out of your control, why worry? All things happen for a reason.
13. Everyone has sh*t going on. Not everyone is perfect, be kind to others, you never know what someone is going through.
14. Your journey is YOUR journey. Don’t measure your progress using someone else’s ruler.
15. Great things never come from comfort zones. Anything new can be scary, change is scary, get out of your safe zone, try something new, challenge yourself.
Things I wish I did:
16. Cook more. At 25, I wish I knew how to cook things other than white rice, chicken & steamed veggies. I can cook with a recipe, what I wish, is being able to cook up something on my own.
17. Save money. I’m a horrible spender. If I have it, I’ll spend it. Even when I don’t have it I spend it (credit cards)
18. Bought a house. If I would have saved money, I could have been able to purchase a home.
19. Travel. “Travel is the only thing you can buy that makes you richer”
20. Party. I never go out, i’ve never really been to a party & actually partied before. I think going out & having a good time with friends is important. I don’t mean to get wild, but to live life, have a good time with others, instead of being confined by my own insecurities.
Things I wish I didn’t do:
21. Get tattoos. Not that I regret all my tattoos, there are just things I wish I would have done differently. (Will go into depth in a later post)
22. Open credit cards. Being young, I didn’t think about how credit cards would affect my credit. They should NOT allow 18 year olds to apply for credit cards. 18 is considered an adult, but at 18, not everyone is responsible enough to get them.
23. Get a 2 door car. With kids, 2 doors are such a pain in the butt!
24. Move away from home. I wasted 2+ years moving away from home because I wanted to be independent, not only did it waste money & put myself in debt. I wasted time, I was unfocused. Maybe I could have done better in school if I stayed at home.
25. Hold onto relationships. It’s okay to let people go. People grow apart, people lose touch. Life happens, allow it. Their purpose in your life is done, make space for new relationships & new opportunities.
There’s my 25 things I wish I knew, did and didn’t do before turning 25. I’m a little nervous, but also excited to see what 25 has in store for me.